Friday, February 10, 2012

1st Timer: Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches, Irving, TX

Today I decided to choose Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches located in Irving, TX.  I chose it because they deliver and do not charge an outrageous delivery fee. (I attempted to order from another venue and they were going to charge me $6.95 for delivery plus $11.00 for service charge?) Really?!?  I guess those fees are okay if you order for the entire office...

So I started my online ordering process and it was extremely simple and user-friendly.  I placed my order at about 8:30 a.m. and picked a 12:15-12:30 p.m. delivery time.  The site allowed you to easily customize your sandwich and add any additional things to your order.  I ordered the #12 Beach Club which contained turkey, avocado spread, cucumbers, sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo on 7-grain wheat.  I added dijon mustard and had them add pickle spears to my order. 

I noted on my order that if no one was at the front desk then to call the number I provided them.

So, at 12:10, the delivery guy called and said my order was downstairs.  He was very nice and told me "here's your beach club sandwich with pickles spears".  I thought it was great! I tipped him $2.00.  Always tip if you receive great customer service!

I get to my desk and the sandwich is huge and as the pickle!! I love that they use whole pickles and cut them any way you want (halved, quarterd, or leave whole). It was humongous!! Like Vlasic on steroids!  The pickle was nice and cold and the ingredients in the sandwich were super fresh.

I like the fact that they used "real" turkey (not the kind you see at eh hemm, Subway) and had just the right amount.  I requested "e-z" (lightly added) mayo and dijon mustard and they made it just like I wanted.  There were three thinly slices of provolone and if you know me, I LOVE CHEESE, and it was fantastic too.  The bread was awesome, I like the taste of grains in my bread...yeah I know..I'm weird.  I think its the texture I like.  It was a perfectly-made sandwich that didn't make a mess! 

OMG, I'm in love with this sandwich, pickle, and this restaurant.  I will definitely order from them again!!!  Oh and they only charged me $0.41 delivery fee!!! Woooo Hoooo I'M WINNING!

-Tina


UPDATE:  February 24, 2012-  I ordered the #2 BIG JOHN®- Medium rare shaved roast beef, topped with yummy mayo, lettuce, and tomato and was not as happy as the first time.

Bits of my roast beef was HARD.  I had to tear the hard pieces off...I mean they were not chewable (and I often try to chew it anyway).  There was not enough roast beef either but then again, I didn't order the club-size.  My pickle was great as usual though!

No comments:

Post a Comment