Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Most people would agree that Valentine's Day is mostly a "florist economic stimulus" day (well-put by my friend, James Williams).

The same ole flowers, candy, card, throw a teddy bear in there is sooooo cliché.  I mean it seems so high school to me and is an EASY cop-out.

Your significant other should treat you like a queen/king outside of Valentine's Day...it's even more special when it's on a random day.

Okay, so I'm sure you guys are dying to know what's in this photo.  For our Valentine's Day dinner, Marc cooked Mahi Mahi on cedar planks, grilled asparagus, orange jasmine rice, and made an awesome pineapple mango salsa and carribean jerk sauce.

The salsa consisted of (all fresh ingredients, of course):  pineapple, mango, jalepeno, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and lime.  You know I LOVE asparagus and especially the big ones (not the skinny little stalks).

It was a great Valentine's Day meal that was well-thought out because it was the same meal (the main ingredients) that Marc first cooked for me when we started dating...  ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment